Live streaming. Hybrid events. Webinars.
Streaming your event made easy. Even if it gets technically more complicated, you don't have to worry about it. That is our service. We support and accompany you from planning to implementation.
For an easy start we offer two packages. However, we can also put together an individual offer for you.
Live Streaming "Basic
The right choice if you want to broadcast an event in a professional way.
- 2 hours live streaming
- 2 cameras (one operated, one static)
- 2 microphones
- 1 cameraman/director in personal union
- Simple technical clarifications and planning
- Any streaming or conferencing platform usable
- Support for setting up streaming
- On request small test run from the office
- Your laptop as an image source, e.g. with presentations
- Set up, rehearsal and test run on site, approx. 2h
- Equipment (camera, sound, video direction)
- Travel time, total 2h included
- Mobility costs
- Make it a hybrid event
- Recording as mp4 file
- Live chat and landing page
- More microphones or cameras
- Professional lighting
- Connecting external speakers
- Longer streaming time
1'500.- CHF excl. VAT
Live Streaming "Branding
The ideal package if you value an all-round appearance. High flexibility in content and layout characterizes this offer.
- Contains the offer "Basic
- Extended design options
- Animated belly bands adapted to your corporate design
- Or take over existing templates from your company
- Animated belly bands customized to your design
- Your logo as Station ID in the image
- Set up, rehearsal and test run on site, approx. 3h
- Additional video direction equipment
- Streaming recording included
3'000.- CHF excl. VAT
We are looking forward to your inquiry:
Common features of the offers
- Option 1: You have an account with the platform. You set up the event yourself. We are available for questions. The streaming is done with a laptop from you or us. E.g. via Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Youtube or similar.
- Option 2: We provide a stream via our Vimeo or Youtube channel. Additional costs may apply.
- Use PowerPoint or other media in the livestream
- Your device must have HDMI output
- Smartphones can be integrated via Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay
- The signal from the laptop can be duplicated to be shown also on TVs and projectors in the room.
- Two identical cameras with interchangeable lenses
- One is operated, one is static
- Quality FullHD (1920×1080 pixels)
- Thanks to interchangeable lenses can be ideally responded to different situations
- Types: Lavalier, Hand, Tripod, Table, Headset
- Depending on the location, existing microphones can also be tapped from the hall
- For more than two microphones or complex setups, an audio mixer is required
- Our cameras are very bright. Should additional lighting be necessary, we can set this up
- Modern and powerful LED lamps are available as an option
- Color temperature adjustable from 3200-5600K for optimal adaptation to the existing room light
A director/cameraman in personal union
- Thanks to compact control room setup, the camera and video direction can be operated in parallel
- Two hours total travel time planned for round trip including mobility costs
- From our office by the fastest available means of transportation at the scheduled travel time of the outbound trip.
- The journey can be made by public transport or electric car. Depending on the accessibility of the location and the required equipment.
- Planning of the event from a technical point of view with you
- Virtual tour of the venue
- Support in setting up streaming on the platform
- Or provide the streaming link for the viewers
- Technical test run before the event
- Rehearsal with the speakers for the sound and image technology and transitions
The checklist helps us to plan the streaming. So you can clarify important points independently before your request.
We have experience with these services:
- Microsoft Teams
- Conferences, webinars and live events
- Google Meet and Youtube
- Chorus Call
- GoTo Webinar
Streaming production process
- Clarify your needs
- Preparation of the offer
- Order placement
- Joint detailed planning of the event
- Technical clarifications
- Physical or virtual tour of the room
- Setting up the live event on the streaming platform
On the day of streaming
- Setting up the technology on site
- Rehearsal with protagonists
- Streaming production
After the event
- Delivery of the recording, if ordered
- Debriefing and feedback session, as desired
- You will receive our invoice
Live chat and landing page
Enhance your stream with a live chat. Viewers can conveniently and easily ask questions and interact with you. This offer provides the following benefits and features:
- Private page with your livestream and chat
- Layout and content customizable
- Viewers do not need login for chat
- You can simply enter their name
- Moderation with extended rights
- Password protected access to the site on request
- Saving the chat log after the event for analysis
- Own link to landing page: smartstreaming.ch/your_event
- Runs on all devices
500.- CHF excl. VAT
What's all in it?
- Create landing page and link
- You get your own login for moderation
- Transmission of the chat log after
This is what the landing page typically looks like to the viewer:
If you would like to try out this offer in advance, we can conduct a live test.
This solution has the advantage over other services such as Youtube that users do not need to have an account of the respective platform to participate in the chat.
To add speakers from around the world to the stream in high quality, I offer an easy way. The advantages are:
- Instructors do not need to install software
- It can be participated with any device
- A significantly higher image quality compared to other platforms
- Speakers can simultaneously watch the stream without time delay
- Simple interface
- Several participants can be connected
- Speakers can also be shown to an audience on site
- Internal chat for communication with the control room
- Sharing PowerPoint from your own computer
Beforehand, a short test run is carried out with each speaker in order to achieve an optimal result.
For connecting external speakers, an internet connection via cable is absolutely necessary. A minimum data rate of 50Mbit/s in download and upload is recommended.
This is the interface that an external speaker expects:
In-depth information on the topic of streaming
Differences between streaming and video conferencing
This medium is comparable to a television broadcast. A video signal is sent to many viewers. Viewers can interact via text chat and similar methods. Typical platforms are Vimeo, Youtube or Microsoft Teams Live Events.
- High resolution: FullHD (1920×1080 pixels)
- High data rate: approx. 6Mbit/s
- High video quality
- Spectators cannot join in spontaneously via camera or microphone. But external speakers can.
- There is typically a delay to the viewer of about 30s. This is due to buffering from the server and converting the stream to additional resolutions for slower internet connections.
All participants have the opportunity to interact via video camera and/or microphone. For example, for Q&A sessions or games. This is done via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet.
- All can participate via video and/or audio
- There is no time delay between all participants
- Resolution reduced: maximum 1280×720 pixels, sometimes even less
- Data rate limited: approx. 1.5Mbit/s
- Poorer video quality
When you have virtual viewers and on-site audiences, you want to give both groups the same experience. This is called a Hybrid Event or Hybrid Streaming. Thanks to my partners in the event industry, in addition to streaming, I can also offer sound reinforcement and more from a single source. Depending on the location, I can also implement the entire technology without additional partners.
Streaming platform of your choice
The video signal must somehow get from the location to the viewer. And when many people are watching at the same time, there is a lot of data traffic. That's why you need a service provider with servers who can take care of that. I provide Vimeo and Youtube and for conferences Google Meet. But you can also use your own account of a platform.
I have worked with these services: Vimeo, Youtube, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, EasyWebinar, Simplex, Google Meet and Global Meet.
Internet connection and data rate
The internet connection is almost the most important thing for reliable livestreaming. A data rate of at least constant 20Mbit/s in upload should be available. A connection via network cable is highly recommended. In case of emergency a WLAN will do as well. And if there is nothing at the location, I still have a mobile router.
Modern cameras with the appropriate lenses capture the action. Depending on the requirements and event, additional cameras can also be used.
Laptop as image source
You can show presentations and other media directly in the livestream from a laptop. To do this, your device must have an HDMI output.
We recommend using your laptop, because this way you can test the PowerPoint in advance and all formatting is guaranteed to be correct.
The image signal from the laptop can also be duplicated so that the presentation can be seen in the stream and on a beamer/display in the room.
Quality and recording
The streaming can be recorded locally by me. Compared to the recording in the cloud of the streaming service, the quality is many times higher. So you can subsequently publish the event as a whole or crop individual elements. I will be happy to support you in this. It is also possible to record all cameras individually. This way, even more extensive adjustments are possible in the edit.
Maximum quality of the director's shot: FullHD (1920×1080)
Maximum quality of the cameras: UHD/4K (3840×2160)
Depending on the requirements of the event, there are several options to choose from. I will be happy to choose the right solution for you.
- Lapel Microphone / Lavalier Microphone
- Table / stand microphone
- Handheld microphone
Sound technology available
You already have an audio system with a mixer and a sound engineer on site. I can tap the sound from this for streaming. Beforehand, I can define the audio interface with the sound engineer.
Depending on the requirements and premises, we can provide enough light with modern and powerful LED lamps.
Suitable for your event you can add the following:
- Virtual external speakers
- Other cameras (static or operated)
- Replay, e.g. for sporting events
- Additional working hours for preparation or streaming
- Preparing films, photos and documents for the presentation
- Film editing before or after the event
The duration of a live broadcast is based on the agreed hours. Breaks are not included in the calculation. If the stream lasts significantly longer, each hour will be charged in full. The offers refer to an event on one day at one location.
Set-up and rehearsals will take place on the day of the livestream. If this is not possible or if set-up the day before is desired, additional costs will be incurred at least for the additional travel time.
This offer is valid only for direct end customers.
Should an agency be involved between us as the production company and the end customer, an individual offer will be made. From our experience, there is significantly more coordination effort in all production steps.